Sonos Connect:Amp & 5" Qi50CW Wetroom Ceiling Speakers
Leave a review
The Sonos Connect:Amp is the perfect product when combined with Q Acoustics Qi50CW Wetroom Ceiling Speakers if you are looking to bring high quality, multiroom audio control to a wetroom or bathroom environment.
- Multiroom Streaming Amplifier
- Uninterrupted Wireless Streaming over your Internet
- Connect a range of devices
- 55W output at 8 Ohms
- Amazon Alexa Compatible for Voice Control
- Supplied with one pair of 5" Qi50CW Wetroom Ceiling Speakers
|Wired Audio Input||Yes|
|Speaker Size||6'' - 7.5''|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
|Room Size||5m x 5m / Large|
|Amplifier Location||Free Standing|
If you are considering playing audio from a wide variety of sources, such as mobile, other non-amplified audio units or from streaming devices such as the Amazon Echo or Dot, then a Sonos Connect:Amp can fulfil all these needs.
Streaming music using a home WiFi connection is fantastic for a number of reasons - for starters, it's more reliable than Bluetooth, and if you need to take a call on your mobile, your music won't cut out as it would do again when using Bluetooth; it'll carry on.
With a powerful 55W per channel amplifier (at 8 Ohms), and paired with precise designed Qi50CW wetroom ceiling speakers from Q Acoustics, catered specifically for high humidity environments, you can be sure that your listening habits will be radically re-imagined - even in such a concerning area such as a wetroom or bathroom.
Qi50CW Wetroom Ceiling Speakers, are designed specifically for such areas, but are nevertheless exceptional value in terms of performance and efficiency that you would expect from a standard non-waterproof offering from Q Acoustics.
With 5" speaker cones, the Q Acoustics Qi50CW speakers are a relative size to fill small to medium sized rooms with ease for general background audio, and have a modern finish thanks to their magnetic discreet grille.
For larger wetrooms and bathrooms, or pool areas, the option to add a further pair of ceiling speakers to this package gives you that scope to do so, however only a maximum of four speakers (two pairs) are recommended to be run from any one Sonos Connect:Amp.
Also remember that one Sonos Connect:Amp is required for each room/zone; so for a true multi-room set-up around your home in additional rooms/zones and control for each room/zone, you will need to consider the correct quantity.
Want more than one room to be catered for that is of a similar size? Just select the correct quantity needed at checkout.
Sonos enables you to play a different song in each room throughout your home, as well as controlling the volume levels for each room separately.
Streaming services such as Apple Music, Spotify, Deezer and many more feature, together with pre-loaded internet radio stations providing you endless audio choices from any device connected to your WiFi network running the Sonos app.
Using an Amazon Echo or Dot will also allows voice control to request the music you love, when you want it, however it is not truly recommended for a wetroom or bathroom set-up (Amazon Echo or Dot not supplied).
You can also manage your audio easily through the app to connect other devices to your Sonos Connect:Amp (if not already connecting a device such as Amazon Echo or Dot) through the analogue audio input - meaning you can connect your TV, DVD, HiFi, MP3 players and more.
Note: When using the Sonos? Connect:Amp - and any devices such as Amazon Echo or Echo Dot or other sources connected via the audio input - in a wetroom? or bathroom environment, the amplifier and additional hardware MUST be positioned outside of the wetroom? or bathroom. As the system is controlled via WiFi, this should not hinder your usage.
- Wireless Streaming control
- Multi-Room Components
- Room Specific Volume controls
- Unlimited Music (subject to subscription costs)
- Control your Sonos Sound system with your WiFi enabled device (Smart phone, tablet or computer)
- Option of one or two pairs of Qi50CW Wetroom Ceiling Speakers? per zone
- 10m of High Quality Oxygen Free Copper Cable (per stereo speaker) included
- Line-In Connections: Auto-detecting analog (RCA) line-in connection.
- Amplifier: Class-D. Rated output 110W RMS (2x55W continuous average power into 8 ohms, THD+N<0.02%) with both channels driven, 22Hz-20KHZ-AES17 measurement bandwidth.
- Speaker Connections:Spring binding posts
- Subwoofer Out: Auto detecting RCA type, 80Hz crossover
- Operating Systems (for Stored Files) : Windows XP SP3 and higher; Mac running OS X 10.6.8 or greater; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
- Internet Radio Supported : Streaming MP3, WMA
- Album Art Supported: JPEG,PNG, BMP, GIF
- Playback Modes: Crossfade, Shuffle, Repeat
- Wireless Connectivity: SonosNet, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network
- Network Bridging: 2-port switch (10/100Mbps, auto MDI/MDIX) allows Ethernet devices to connect through SonosNet
- CONNECT:AMP Dimensions (H X W X D): 3.50 x 7.28 x 8.15 in. (89 x 185 x 207 mm)
- Weight: 5.1 lb (2.3 kg)
- Power Supply: AC 240, 50-60 Hz
- Package Contents: SONOS CONNECT:AMP, Power Cord, Flat Ethernet Cable, Quickstart Guide
- Storage temperature: -20?C to 70?C
- Front Panel Buttons:Volume and Mute
- Front panel Lights:Indicate player status and Mute Status
- Product Finish: Anodized precision machined extrusion aluminium casing also facilitates passive cooling
- Operating Temperature: 0?C to 40?C
Qi50CW Wetroom Ceiling Speakers
|Tweeter diameter||0.75" (19mm)|
|Impedance (nominal) ohms||8 ohm|
|Response (Low frequency) -3dB||75Hz|
|Maximum rear depth||79mm|
|Size (with round grille)||204mm|